Senior Executive Employment Advice
Spencer West LLP provides strategic advice and support in respect of all issues concerning the workforce.
A wide – and sometimes confusing – variety of work relationships can exist, ranging from full time employment to part-time, piece work, seasonal work, interns, volunteers and workers, consultants/ independent contractors, plus partners and limited liability partners. Contracts of employment or consultancy contracts can help identify each person’s role and their individual rights and obligations.
These, together with workplace rules and policies, permit employers and business owners to comply with their legal obligations to provide certain information to staff and can be helpful in communicating a clear statement of the standards of behaviour your organisation expects from its staff to create and maintain a harmonious workforce.
In addition, we have extensive experience of advising employees, workers and directors on their employment law rights including entitlement to be remunerated and treated fairly and contractual restrictive covenants.
If an employee, worker, consultant or partner believes he or she is being treated unfairly, prevailing employment law may provide a framework to support that belief and provide a remedy.
We advise on
- compensation and benefits
- share options and incentive plans
- breaches of directors’ duties
- employment contracts, policies and staff handbooks
- HR support and training
- all types of employment litigation- unfair dismissal, discrimination, whistle-blowing
- partnerships and LLPs
- restrictive covenants and injunctions
- TUPE transfers
- business re-organisation/restructuring (UK and international projects)
We work with
- businesses in wide range of sectors, including technology, fintech, construction and engineering, financial services, media, leisure, recruitment and not for profit, amongst others
- individuals in relation to any claim that is related to their rights under employment law, including unfair dismissal, redundancy, discrimination, whistle-blowing, contractual changes, recruitment issues and breach of contract for employees, self-employed and partners/limited liability partners
For details on Employment Protection Insurance, please see the below:
For details on the fees for employment services, please refer to the list below: