Wills, Trust & Estate Planning
Spencer West provides strategic and practical solutions on complex matters to help individuals, families and entrepreneurs protect and preserve their wealth.
Our lawyers help UK and international clients navigate the legal issues that arise through the opportunities and challenges life brings. They provide commercially astute and pragmatic advice on wealth protection, succession planning, and personal tax matters.
Our renowned leasehold enfrancisement team has significant expertise in advising both landlords and tenants on all aspects of leasehold enfranchisement matters, from lease extensions to collective enfranchisement. Our lawyers work closely with a wide range of leading valuers, surveyors, agents and experts.
We also act for landlords and tenants of residential premises in relation to claims for possession, service charge disputes and disrepair claims.
It is important to us that our clients are able to protect and enhance their real estate assets. Our residential real estate lawyers often work in collaboration with our construction, tax and real estate finance teams.
For details on the fees for residential property services, please refer to the list below.
We advise on:
- preparation of wills including those for clients with international connections;
- establishment, administration and taxation of UK and foreign trusts and other succession planning vehicles;
- succession planning with a focus on inheritance tax and capital gains tax implications;
- domicile and tax residence;
- pre-arrival tax planning;
- tax efficient structures for investing in UK, in particular real estate; and
- trusts used in commercial transactions.
We work with:
- high net worth individuals and their families;
- trustees and beneficiaries of UK and foreign trusts;
- family offices; and
- private banks.