Construction & Engineering
Our team consists of lawyers that have many years’ experience working for both City law firms and within the legal teams of large plc and privately-owned companies operating in the construction & engineering, infrastructure and associated sectors.
We have significant experience advising on projects in both the UK and internationally in the retail, education, energy, leisure, aviation, hotel and hospitality, health, housing, environmental (including waste and recycling), housing maintenance, facilities management, energy services, asset management, highways and commercial office sectors.
Our lawyers have handled hundreds of claims in the construction & engineering sector over the last 25 years from minor disputes worth only a few thousand pounds to claims worth many millions. We are experienced in handling claims in court, adjudication, mediation and arbitration. Our aim is to deal with all disputes as timely and cost effectively as possible.
We are also able to provide advice and assistance to regarding tackling modern slavery and human trafficking in the construction & engineering sector including advising on company policies and supply chain compliance, due diligence, risk mapping, auditing and training.
We advise on
- construction and engineering contracts both bespoke and the standard form suites including JCT, NEC, ACA (PPP/TPC/SPC), GCWorks, FIDIC, RIBA, RICS, IChemE, and NHF Form
- all types of procurement and contracting models including new build, refurbishment, fit-out, standard contracting, design and build, management contracting, PFI, PPP and LIFT
- project security and auxiliary documentation including parent company guarantees, bonds, escrow arrangements, collateral warranties, PCSAs and novation agreements
- development agreements and agreements for lease
- specialist sector contracting, including : housing maintenance contracts (reactive repairs and planned works); facilities management (soft and hard services); environmental contracts (waste management and recycling, grounds maintenance); energy efficiency and services (EWI, IWI, PV panels, renewables, Green Deal)
- disputes including adjudication, arbitration, mediation, litigation and other forms of ADR
- insurance including project insurance requirements, disputes and professional negligence claims
- project due diligence including risk reviews and risk management
We work with
- developers, funders, project sponsors and employers
- contractors and suppliers of all tiers
- consultants and providers of specialist services
- public sector bodies including local authorities, NHS Trusts, police and fire authorities, local education authorities
- further and higher education providers
- registered providers, housing associations and not-for-profit organisations