EU and Competition Law
Competition and Trade law affects all businesses and organisations. Whether you are a business entering into supply or distribution agreements, or involved in the merger with a competitor in the market; whether you are an authority involved in the public procurement of contracts; or whether you are involved in international trade and investment, competition and trade law issues will come to the fore. You need experienced legal counsel who are familiar with how to navigate these issues, open up opportunities and mitigate risks. Otherwise, your organisation could be exposed to substantial fines and damages awards and its reputation could be at risk.
Our Competition and Trade lawyers have many years’ experience derived from working with and sometimes for the relevant regulatory bodies and provide strategic advice across a wide range of competition, trade and investment issues. This includes issues of UK law, EU law, export controls, import relief, sanctions, anti-money-laundering and anti-corruption compliance. With lawyers based in the UK and in Brussels, we deliver a seamless legal service.
In addition, our Competition and Trade lawyers have longstanding expertise in certain sectors and form part of our sector focused groups, including in relation to:
- Information Technology
- Commercial, especially in relation to agency and distribution
- competition and anti-trust advisory work including preparing compliance programmes, dealing with issues and handling investigations
- anti-trust issues in distribution agreements
- anti-money-laundering and anti-corruption compliance and advisory work
- litigation and regulatory proceedings involving anti-trust issues