Insolvency & Restructuring
We have specialist expertise in the insurance market as our lawyers have acted for major insurers and insureds over the last 20 years. We have niche expertise and are resolutely independent.
We have handled coverage claims ranging from thousands of pounds through to over $20 million. We have drafted several suites of insurance policies. We have advised and pursued subrogation claims.
We have extensive experience of handling professional negligence claims, including claims against brokers, solicitors, barristers, architects, engineers, quantity surveyors and financial intermediaries.
We advise companies on their insurance coverage requirements in relation to corporate governance, corporate transactions and commercial contracts.
We advise on
Our lawyers have advised on coverage in relation to a wide variety of policies, including:
- professional indemnity insurance
- Contractors’ all risks
- Political risk
- Marine cargo
- Directors’ and officers’ insurance
- Warranty and indemnity insurance
Our lawyers have drafted insurance policies on behalf of insurers, and have tested insurance coverage on behalf of their clients in proceedings.
We work with
- insurance policyholders
We act for a wide range of clients in need of expert bankruptcy, insolvency or restructuring advice.
We are experienced in handling most types of insolvency related matters, including assisting individuals and companies restructure and refinance debt, defend statutory demands and dismiss bankruptcy and winding up petitions; bankruptcy related matters, including annulment of bankruptcy orders, administrations and liquidations; pre-pack administrations and assisting directors to defend claims against them personally; director disqualification proceedings; and working closely with leading insolvency practitioners as a team to obtain the best outcomes for our many clients in this field. We provide excellent technical and strategic advice in addition to finding creative insolvency solutions.
We advise on
- defending statutory demands and petitions
- ‘time to pay’ arrangements with HMRC and banks
- disputing debts
- forensic accounting
- negotiating with creditors
- staying advertisements of winding up petitions
- applying for validation orders
- financial services legal planning
- commercial litigation
- defending director disqualification claims
- preference and transaction at undervalue claims
- transactions to defraud creditors
- fraud claims
- trusts including offshore entities
We work with
- high net worth investors
- private equity firms
- procurement companies
- asset trading firms and technology companies
- banks and insurance companies