Partner - Infrastructure Projects, Renewable Energy & General Commercial
Solicitor, BA (Hons)
mob: +44 (0)7970 451685
tel: +44 (0)20 7925 8080
Elizabeth has over 20 years’ experience of a wide variety of large social infrastructure projects, renewable energy projects, local government outsourcing contracts, general commercial contracts and privacy and compliance in private practice and in industry.
Elizabeth spent 10 years in private practice including the projects department at Bevan Ashford Solicitors in Bristol and then the projects team at Addleshaw Goddard LLP working on a variety of publicly-funded social infrastructure projects acting for the public and private sector.
Elizabeth then moved into industry and worked as a senior commercial manager in the Legal/Commercial team at Balfour Beatty Investments Ltd in London working on accommodation projects, energy from waste and renewable energy projects.
In addition to large infrastructure projects expertise and renewable energy projects, and prior to joining Spencer West LLP, Elizabeth has worked for the last five years as a freelance consultant for a wide variety of businesses that have included:
- one of the largest chemical companies in the world dealing with purchase and sale agreements, distribution agreements, GDPR, competition law and miscellaneous property and corporate matters;
- an EU grant funded organisation that assists start-ups and partners with innovative ideas on combatting climate change;
- energy supply companies advising on retail energy supply contracts, trading agreements and drafting bespoke route to market agreements associated with the capacity market;
- British Business Bank which was set up to help SMEs after the financial crash and also working for one of its subsidiaries set up to grant loans to individuals who want to set up their own small businesses;
- a small developer specialising in biomass renewable energy facilities; and
- a large construction and facilities management company giving legal and commercial advice on a variety of facilities management outsourcing contracts, variations to contracts and disputes.
Elizabeth is also fluent in French.
What Elizabeth says...
“I understand from experience the need to provide swift and pragmatic advice to businesses and to understand the level of risks that clients are happy to take on. This helps avoid situations where too much time is spent, or not enough, on issues that are either not important to the client or potentially misses the issues that are which can result in unnecessary time and expense. I also enjoy working as part of a team and believe that a collaborative approach is much more productive when working on large and small projects.”