Partner – Tax and e-commerce
Katerina began her career within the Big Four accounting firms, dealing primarily with complicated corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, tax planning and tax issues relating to investment. Following this, she established and worked as General Counsel of an investment bank, gaining further expertise in banking contracts, tax planning of investment banking products, corporate finance and compliance.
In private practice, Katerina was a partner in Gunnercooke LLP and before that worked as a tax advisor for Trident Trust based in Limassol, Cyprus since 2012. Before 2012, Katerina was a managing partner of KNLaw & Associates, a Greek law firm, acting on a number of significant international disputes. Katerina has more than 25 years of experience in international taxation and compliance , GDPR/e-commerce and cross border investments. In addition, she is experienced in acting for HNWIs in relation to investments and trusts.
Licensed in both the UK and Greece, Katerina has a truly international client base, as an experienced solicitor in the UK and also an experienced lawyer in continental jurisdictions (Greece).
- Advised on complicated tax case involving retrospective cancelation of a Cyprus trust for UK tax purposes acting for HNWI client.
- Successfully carried out international family dispute (UK law applicable) related to child removal from the UK jurisdiction.
- Acted on the legal and tax restructuring of a port construction company, completing complex tax planning matters, which enabled the company to successfully undertake a major port construction project in North Africa.
- Senior role in the establishment of an investment bank, including the supervision and license application to the central bank for permission, drafting all core contracts, anticipating labour law issues, structuring investment products from a tax perspective, applying compliance guidelines, and bank internal regulations.
- Successfully represented a major multinational energy construction company in complicated negotiations and ICC arbitration proceedings relating to a multimillion euro dispute arising from a consortium agreement.
- Successfully defended a major multinational energy company against a health and safety claim for the fatality of a subcontractor.
IR35 rules to be applied as of next year
Article | Tax | COVID-19
Announcement of tax measures by the UK authorities for the support of businesses and individuals
Article | Tax | COVID-19
Important UK investments and Tax Reliefs in a Nutshell
Article | Financial Services