Partner – Real Estate
Matthew has a wide experience of real estate transactions gained from working in a number of top City and international law firms including Nabarro, CMS and Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe and having been qualified for nearly 25 years.
He specialises in advising on large transactions involving the purchase, disposal and financing of energy infrastructure projects and on the real estate aspects of healthcare projects. However, he carries out more general development work and acts on freehold and leasehold transactions and on landlord and tenant matters, including the grant, renewal and assignment of commercial leases.
Clients include financial institutions, developers and large institutional investors, but also small businesses.
Examples of recent transactions on which Matthew has worked include:
- Advising on a proposed £100m bio digestion plant development in the Midlands.
- Advising on the purchase of a 156MW solar portfolio for Blackrock.
- Advising on a portfolio of 20 assets for the Bioenergy Infrastructure Group.
- Advising on the disposal of a solar portfolio of 142MW.
- Refinancing of an existing windfarm at £18.5 million, acting for an overseas bank.
- Refinancing of a 10 site solar portfolio.
- Agreement of an option over proposed interconnector site for electrical transmission from the continent to the UK.
- £1billion refinancing of a 35 site private hospital portfolio.
- Advising on the sale, development and leaseback of a £70 million hospital portfolio.
commercial real estate, real estate development, real estate financing, energy & infrastructure projects and healthcare projects
- Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP
- Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Nabarro LLP
- Watson Farley & Williams LLP
- SJ Berwin LLP