Partner – Private Client
Sangeeta is an experienced private client lawyer working with individuals and families helping them put in place the most effective strategies to manage their estates. She provides legal advice to individuals, international families, beneficiaries and trustees on all aspects of wealth preservation and estate planning.
Sangeeta’s experience includes:
- preparing simple and complex wills for clients with UK and cross jurisdictional assets
- advising on succession planning and inheritance tax mitigation
- advising on domicile and the tax implications for UK and non-UK domiciled individuals
- advising on lifetime gift tax planning
- advising on and preparing relevant trusts to suit clients circumstances
- advising on Grants of Representation and full Administration of post death estates
- advising on General and Lasting Powers of Attorney
- advising on protection of assets for vulnerable individuals including deputyship applications to the Court of Protection.
Sangeeta is passionate about her work. She provides a high level of service, delivering clear and pragmatic legal advice to her clients.
Prior to joining Spencer West LLP, Sangeeta worked at various law firms in London and Kent. She is an affiliate member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and is working towards full TEP qualification.
Domicile – Much Ado About Nothing?
Domicile is a common law concept most people do not usually come across until they start putting their affairs in order. Under...Article | Posted: 1 Jun 2021
Practicalities following death in the family
“Nothing is certain except death and taxes” – is a famous quote originating with Benjamin Franklin in 1789, which still...Article | Posted: 2 Jun 2021
The Consequences Of Not Having A Valid Will
The need to write a Will cannot be stressed enough. Nonetheless over 50% of the UK population has not made a Will. During the...Article | Posted: 28 May 2021
Wills, trusts, probate, lasting powers of attorney, estate planning
Qualifications and Professional bodies
- Russell Jones & Walker Solicitors (now Slater Gordon)
- TV Edwards Solicitors
- Buckles Lyndales Solicitors