Spencer West expanded our presence to the Channel Islands in 2023, with the opening of locations in Guernsey and Jersey that undertake UK onshore real estate and finance work. With the islands’ strong reputation for offshore financial services, including trusts, funds, and tax-efficient structures, we have expanded into these areas to meet the demands of our growing roster of international and local clients.
The practice is led by Real Estate finance specialists Michael Morris and Donald Millar, both of whom have the ability to act for Channel Islands, UK and international-based clients, whether through offshore corporate or trust structures, UK incorporated companies or individuals.
Our Channel Islands practice primarily represents individuals, funds, major financial institutions, private property companies, trust companies, offshore investors, developers or lenders involved in buying or selling freehold and leasehold properties. The team possess the skills needed to act for all manner of corporate looking to acquire, refinance or dispose of real estate assets.
At Spencer West, work is performed directly by attorneys with many years of experience in their respective practice areas, and in-depth knowledge of the clients’ sectors and interests. We are trusted advisors, with our clients benefiting from the extensive expertise of our Partner-led practices.
We adopt a practical, collaborative, and efficient business approach to the provision of legal services, adapting to the specific needs of each client in order to generate value and achieve the required results.
- Multi-jurisdiction transactions for buyers and sellers based overseas
- Buy-to-let investment property
- Granting and taking of leases and tenancy agreements
- Enfranchisement and lease extensions
- Portfolio sales and acquisitions
- Development work including site acquisition, unit sales and purchases
- Acquisition, disposal and management of UK property funds
- Secured lending on UK property for Channel Islands based banks
- Mortgages and re-mortgages