Ishtiaq is a multi-jurisdictional qualified lawyer licensed to practice in England and Wales, Pakistan, and the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
Following graduation with a 2:1 degree and qualification as a Solicitor in 2005, Ishtiaq held several in-house positions which has allowed him to gain a wealth of experience in several legal disciplines. His roles have included being Head of Legal at Tiuta Plc as a Specialist Bridging Lender, Legal Manager at the University of Surrey specialising in commercial contracts, and Associate Solicitor at Sovereign Housing Association where he focused on Real Estate and Development.
In 2008 Ishtiaq set up his own practice in Reading, Berkshire (Chatham Chambers), which he incorporated and managed for several years until 2020.
In 2010, Ishtiaq obtained his Higher Rights of Audience and became a Solicitor-Advocate.
As a result of his varied legal background, Ishtiaq is experienced in a wide range of legal disciplines and can advise on Real Estate and Property, Secured Lending, Commercial Law, Dispute Resolution, Private Immigration, Islamic Finance and Arbitration, and International Commercial Arbitration.
Ishtiaq regularly acts on high-value commercial transactions. Notably, he has:
• Acted on numerous Secured Loan transactions with a total estimated value of over £500 Million.
• Acted for a publicly listed oil company in the restructuring of their commercial property portfolio.
• Acted for a high net worth individual in the purchase of an iconic £5 Million property in Berkshire, England.
• Acted for a private client in the sale of their £2.95 Million property portfolio.
• Acted on the acquisition of a £1 million development site in Karachi, Pakistan. Assumed GDV of over £75 million
• Advised on the incorporation of Islamic Finance funds
• Acted for clients in landlord and tenant matters
He is currently undertaking part-time studies for a PhD at the University of Reading in matters of the laws of Pakistan with a specialist focus on The Commercialization of Sport in Pakistan.
Ishtiaq is the Founding & Managing Partner of Spencer West Pakistan and Dubai, and his practice is increasingly focused on developing the Firm’s services for businesses and persons based in the UK, UAE, and Pakistan and across Asia.