Charities, Impact Businesses and Philanthropy
We are passionate about making a significant contribution in the charitable and impact economy space, and our expert lawyers are often at the forefront of projects in which businesses give back to and improve the communities in which they operate.
We believe that business and the corporate world can make a positive impact to our society and our environment. These are frequently referred to as impact businesses. In a world full of disparity and inequality, many of our clients seek to play a leading role in bridging gaps and sharing the spoils of their success. Our clients benefit from our deep understanding of philanthropic and charitable endeavours.
With an increasing number of our clients wishing to be more involved in philanthropic work, we specialise in advising on structuring, planning and implementing philanthropic aims and we take pride in our ability to help your business express its identity and purpose.
We take the time to understand your charitable goals and often play a key part in supporting, developing, and implementing schemes and projects which have huge benefits for wider society. Our lawyers work with a range of experts to achieve your philanthropic goals. From wealth advisers, to specialist philanthropic organisations and investment management professionals, we connect you with the team to implement your ambitions.
Our clients often wish to make strategic donations, and we are on hand to help them maximise the value and benefit of such gifts.
Our experts advise on charity structures, from trusts to foundations and everything in between, and can assist with incorporation of charities all the way through to management, administration, and governance matters.
- taxation reliefs available on charitable giving
- Gift Aid
- reliefs on income tax, IHT, CGT and corporation tax
- charitable giving by non-domiciled residents
- the best way for UK charities to receive non-domiciled resident donations
- anonymous donations
- setting up your own charity or foundation
- tailoring the legal structure of your impact business with a “mission lock” or “golden share”
- philanthropy upon sale of your business
- corporate matters for charities
- trustee matters
- privacy and media issues for philanthropists and charities
- charitable gifts
- volunteering and gifting
- ethical and impact investments
- giving strategies
- charity law
- tax upon donations
- cross border tax issues for non-domiciled residents
- philanthropists seeking to leave a legacy
- schools and educational institutions
- not for profit organisations
- public sector
- government organisations
- third sector