Energy & Natural Resources
Our team of lawyers have extensive experience of complex infrastructure projects and energy projects nationally and internationally and have advised a variety of different clients both in the public and private sector.
We have experience of public and private procurement and bidding for complex projects and are familiar with the sorts of issues that typically arise. Members of our team have acted as commercial managers, principals and advisers to the Board on bids. We therefore have a clear understanding of the risks involved not only from a legal perspective, but also from a commercial perspective.
We can offer clients a project management service as one of our team is an experienced project manager, something which we think is absolutely key to being able to deliver a project on time and within budget.
We have advised on PPP/PFIs and LIFT projects in sectors such as defence, roads, accommodation, education, leisure, police and health and this has included the design, finance, construction and operation of local authority facilities and related variations, adjudications and disputes.
We are familiar with the interface issues that are of critical importance on large projects and can advise on the best structure to use depending on the project. Within the energy sector, we have experience of energy from waste projects for local authorities and renewable energy projects such as biomass, solar and district heating.
Members of our team have worked for energy supply companies and have experience of energy supply contracts, energy trading agreements and PPAs as well as drafting bespoke contracts for entry into the electricity capacity market. We have experience of negotiating energy services contracts (including solar panel installation, EWI, IWI and Green Deal financing).
We are able to work as part of your project team offering a ‘cradle to grave’ approach with the ability to provide advice and assistance at all stages within the life cycle of major projects. This may be from inception, including procurement advice and pre-tender documentation through to reviewing and negotiating all necessary contract documents to project close and beyond such as assisting with ongoing issues and disputes as and when they arise on projects.
- Procurement (including the EU Procurement Regulations and OJEU requirements)
- construction and engineering contracts both bespoke and the standard form suites including JCT, NEC, FIDIC and IChemE
- project security and auxiliary documentation including parent company guarantees, bonds, appointments and collateral warranties
- Property documents
- Shareholder agreements
- Project agreements
- Operation and Maintenance Contracts
- Interface agreements
- Retail energy supply contracts
- Energy trading agreements
- Energy services contracts
- Insurance arrangements
- Dispute resolution (informal, mediation, adjudication, arbitration and litigation)
- developers, funders, project sponsors and employers
- contractors and suppliers of all tiers
- consultants and providers of specialist services
- public sector bodies including local authorities, NHS Trusts, police and fire authorities, local education authorities
- further and higher education providers