Pensions & Incentives
We have substantial and specialist experience of advising on the pension’s aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions, including listed companies.
We have extensive experience of acting for trustees and other fiduciaries, employers and plan administrators, whether in an advisory capacity or in relation to claims.
We advise employers and trustees of trust-based pension schemes, including defined benefit and contribution schemes.
We advise on scheme mergers, re-organisations and closures; and all corporate governance aspects relating to pension schemes.
Our lawyers are experienced in advising a wide range of employers as well as non-profits, schools and academies and public sector organisations such as NHS trusts.
- reviewing and updating the pensions aspects of sale and acquisition agreements, assisting with pensions due diligence; providing a full range of pensions law advice and pension re-structuring pre- or post- any acquisition or disposal
- scheme documentation, data protection for pension schemes, scheme governance and compliance, investment agreements, liability management, negotiations between employers and trustees
- scheme restructuring, pension benefit redesign, bulk transfers, scheme mergers
- dispute resolution, member queries and disputes
- Pensions Regulator issues
- public/third sector organisations
- schools and academies
- Insolvency Practitioners and distressed companies
- other pension professionals
- owners and founders
- trustees (individuals and professional)