Partner – Corporate
Andrew is a corporate and commercial lawyer and advises on a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions.
He has advised on large transactions as well as advising on smaller transactions for growing businesses. He works closely with entrepreneurs and owners of businesses and sees problems through the client’s eyes so as to provide practical solutions.
Previously at Simmons & Simmons, Richards Butler (including two years as a partner at Richards Butler in the Corporate Finance Department) and A J Bird & Co (a firm established by Andrew to provide City level legal advice to smaller growing businesses), Andrew has partner level experience of working on a wide range of transactions in many different sectors and jurisdictions including rail, energy (including renewable energy), financial services, estate agents, tooling, merchandising, health insurance, travel agency, telecommunications and a range of internet based disruptors.
A large proportion of Andrew’s practice has an international aspect to it including acting for clients from Brazil, China, France, Germany, Portugal and Spain.
Andrew is a fluent Portuguese speaker and speaks very good Spanish and French.
Experience includes advising on:
- corporate transactions: mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investment agreements, shareholder agreements, reorganisations, convertible loan notes, share buy backs, and share options;
- commercial contracts: management agreements, international franchise agreements, carried interest contracts, agency and distribution agreements, a wide range of matters for small investment management businesses, limited liability partnership agreements, particularly for wealth management businesses; loan agreements, facilities, guarantees, and the taking of security; advising on track access contracts; advising on power purchasing agreements; gas supply agreements for gas fired power stations;
- finance: loan agreements, security, guarantees, convertible loans.
A Step in the Right Direction
Spencer West Walkers raise funds for London Legal Support Trust On Monday 18th October, nine Spencer West Partners donned their...News | Posted: 25 Oct 2021
Covid 19 and Force Majeure
All our lives have been radically changed by Covid 19 and none of us were expecting it apart from a few ‘planners’ formerly...Article | Posted: 27 Mar 2020
corporate, commercial and finance.
- A J Bird & Co (a firm established by Andrew to provide city level legal advice to smaller growing businesses)
- Richards Butler (including two years as a partner at Richards Butler in the Corporate Finance Department)
- Simmons & Simmons