Andrew is a commercial lawyer specialising in franchising and brand licensing arrangements. He is the founder of Albany Fraser Solicitors, a boutique law firm operating in association with Spencer West which helps franchisors and franchisees of all shapes and sizes make better franchising decisions.
Whilst franchising is his vocation, Andrew often acts as external “in-house counsel” for clients, triaging problems and providing advice on all manner of commercial and legal issues.
An affiliate of the British Franchise Association, Andrew is a member of the BFA’s legal committee and a ‘Qualified Franchise Professional’ (one of only a very small number of lawyers in the UK to have been awarded this status).
In addition to being a solicitor, he has spent part of his career as a franchise consultant with one of the UK’s leading franchise consultancy practices assisting companies such as Ralph Lauren, American Eagle, Esprit and Whittard of Chelsea with international franchising projects.
Andrew has significant experience advising clients on:
- all manner of domestic and international Franchise Agreements and Licence Agreements;
- brand growth strategies (in particular, growth through franchising and licensing);
- day-to-day issues in the operation of franchise networks and businesses generally (including franchise disputes and terminations);
- the purchase and sale of franchise businesses;
- brand protection strategies and implementation; and
- all manner of commercial contracts including terms and conditions, supplier agreements and software licenses.