Partner - Employment
Solicitor, MA (Hons), LLM
mob: +44 (0)7790 771160
tel: +44 (0)20 7925 8080
Anne is a Partner at Spencer West specialising in employment law. She comes to us from the niche award winning West Midlands employment law firm of Averta and her background is as a City lawyer trained at Simmons & Simmons, where she qualified and worked as an employment lawyer. She then pursued her career as a partner in the employment department at DLA Piper leaving to work in-house as head of employment at BGC Partners/Cantor Fitzgerald where she was responsible for employment issues throughout Europe and Asia.
Anne brings her skills and expertise to the benefit of our corporate clients but also acts for senior individuals, professionals, directors, and managers.
She has advised institutions and senior executives on all types of employment law and partnership issues – unfair dismissal, discrimination, whistleblowing, termination, compromise/settlement agreements, bonuses, share options, contractual issues, grievances, disciplinary and employment documentation.
She has worked on significant business protection issues (restrictive covenants and team moves), corporate deals (mergers, acquisitions, and TUPE) and the employment aspects of restructuring, and redundancy programmes She is experienced in the employment aspects of corporate deals and in restructuring and redundancy and is well placed to advise companies and individuals who are affected by such issues.
Where elements of foreign law are involved, Anne works with advisers in other jurisdictions in providing a comprehensive service to her clients. She has experience in the public/quasi public sectors – universities, NHS and housing associations. Her clients in the private sector come from financial services, hospitality, retail, tech/media, engineering and publishing.
Her recent roles have developed her interest in discrimination and whistle blowing claims and her clients value her ability to see commercial and practical solutions to complex problems.
She has presented seminars and webinars, and provided practical training sessions on a number of employment law topics.
For further guidance on employment law matters please contact Anne on 020 7925 8080.
Anne is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and the Law Society.
Anne's Recent Projects Include:
- Advice to City traders/brokers in connection with disciplinary issues arising from Libor/ FX investigations.
- Sexual orientation/race discrimination tribunal claim for an executive in the public sector.
- Disability discrimination tribunal claim for a senior executive in the financial services sector.
- High value severance agreements in both public and private sectors.
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality issues in banking, retail and recruitment sectors.
- Boardroom disputes including shareholder issues and international elements.
- Advice on updating and issuing employment contracts for a restaurant group, restructuring tips procedures.
- Advice to logistics company concerning outsourcing and TUPE, drafting agreements.
- Advice to hedge fund members on limited liability partnership issues.
- Preparing and negotiating senior executive employment and consultancy agreements.