Partner - Finance
David is a transactional finance lawyer with over 25 years’ experience gained at some of the leading national and international law firms.
Based in Scotland, David has advised both lenders and borrowers on the full range of transactional banking covering real estate finance, leveraged finance, growth finance and asset based lending. Across the UK and further afield.
Various matters that David has handled over the years include:
- acting for a leading hotel chain in £40m development funding of a hotel in Glasgow
- advising private equity groups on the multi-million pound acquisition of a leading brand of garden centres
- representing a funding syndicate on the multi-million management buyout of field sales solutions provider McCurrach
- representing the borrower on multi-million acquisition and development finance in respect of a mixed use commercial site in Bristol
- representing leading Scottish bank in providing growth finance to a national house builder
- representing leading Scottish bank on a growth finance facility for various technology companies based in the UK and overseas.
David is recognised as a leading expert in finance matters in both Chambers and Legal 500 law directories and delivers high quality results for clients, marrying technical ability with commercial awareness.
all aspects of transactional finance, acting for lenders and borrowers
Qualifications and Professional bodies
- DLA Piper
- Dundas & Wilson
- Dorman Jeffrey & Co
- Bank of Scotland
- Maclay Murray & Spens