Germana Lo Iacono
Partner - Banking and financial services litigation; clinical negligence litigation
Germana is a highly regarded litigator, specialising in banking and financial services litigation. She has been mentioned by the Italian and British press as she has been acting in over 30 cases against international financial institutions. She is the only English lawyer who has succeeded in invalidating swaps contracts, in the Commercial Court in London.
Germana's clients include Italian public authorities and her work often involves co-ordinating claims with Italian lawyers across different jurisdictions and laws. She represents Italian public authorities in swaps claims against major international banks.
Germana also handles a varied clinical negligence caseload acting exclusively for claimants. She represents patients in a wide range of claims and has a particular interest in orthopaedic cases of maximum severity, oncology, and birth injury claims.
In February 2015 Germana was appointed the first female President of the British Italian Law Association (BILA). This is a prestigious body of mainly English solicitors and barristers (and some judges) together with Italian lawyers.
- Representing Provincia di Pisa in dispute involving swap agreements
- Representing Regione Lombardia in banking dispute relating to financial instruments
- Representing City of Benevento in banking claim related to invalid swap agreements
- Representing Comune di Prato in relation to derivatives dispute
- Representing the Sicilian Region against 4 international banks in relation to swap agreements
banking and financial services litigation; clinical negligence
Qualifications and Professional Bodies
- Seddons Solicitors