Partner - Real Estate
Solicitor, BA (Hons)
tel: +44 (0)20 7925 8080
Joanne is an experienced solicitor, previously of Charles Russell Speechlys, who has acted on a wide range of real estate matters including acquisitions and disposals of commercial and residential property portfolios; landlord and tenant matters; refinancing and development with a particular focus on property in prime Central London.
Clients include national and international banks, private investors, professional landlords, tenants and developers. Joanne prides herself on being a trusted advisor to a number of international clients and ultra-high net worth individuals, many of which within the media, film and entertainment industries. She deals with all aspects of their English property portfolio management and provides an exceptional personal service.
Joanne also has extensive experience acting on behalf of tenants and landlords on lease extensions, collective enfranchisements and matters involving the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.
Throughout her practice, Joanne has developed a number of solid professional relationships with real estate agents and intermediaries in and around central London.
Joanne is also tutor at a leading University in London and lectures in Property Law and Practice.
- Acting for Singaporean, Hong Kong and Middle Eastern purchasers of apartments at the Battersea Power Station development and other large developments within London;
- Acting on behalf of DBS Bank on a £40 million securitisation of property in St Johns Wood;
- Representing the seller of a £17 million freehold property in Hammersmith and Fulham;
- Advising on the purchase of a £23 million house in Richmond with associated construction, planning and financing aspects to the transaction;
- Acting for assignees and assignors on contract reassignments;
- Acting for some of the UK’s leading property developers on the sale of large scale, off-plan, major developments from set up to completion;
- Acting for landlords on the grant of leases, licences to assign and alter, and deeds of covenants;
- Dealing with the property aspects of corporate restructuring exercises;
- Transactions with related probate and matrimonial issues;
- Lease extensions and collective enfranchisement under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 with experience of acting for both landlords and tenants;
- Drafting and negotiating pre-emption agreements relating to the sale of land;
- Personally responsible for the over £1/2 billion of property deals which included cross border financing, leasing, buying, selling and managing prime land and buildings within the UK;
- Acting on the sale of plots valuing just under £10 million for a small national developer.
What Joanne says…
“One thing that over 12 years of real estate experience has taught me, is the importance of getting to know my clients. It is important to me that I am attentive to their individual needs and that I apply my legal knowledge and expertise in a way that is personally beneficial to each individual client and their business.”