Partner - Commercial Dispute Resolution, Risk & Compliance
Jonathan has practised in the City of London for close to 30 years and has a wealth of experience in the insurance industry with a number of reported cases that demonstrate his abilities as a leader in the areas of construction, dispute resolution, insurance, marine, aviation, general commercial matters and social media.
He has also conducted several arbitrations, before both the LMAA and ICC, and dealt with boundary disputes, defended planning applications, and property transfers after matrimonial issues.
Jonathan regularly presents seminars and lectures to the public, insurers, banks and other lawyers, on a range of topics, including social media.
Jonathan’s cases speak for themselves – his clients trust him to deal with complex litigation in an efficient manner. Jonathan is also an accredited civil and commercial mediator.
Presentations and Talks
- Nautech -v- CSS – A short talk on a Social Media war
- Addressed IntAP Conference, Cologne, December 2017 on Reform of The Marine Insurance Act 1906
- Addressed IntAP Conference, Cologne, on the issues surrounding the 737 MAX.
- Addressed Lloyds of London on the South African Short Term Investment Act
- Addressed Ukrainian Insurers on aggregate extension clauses
- Collateral Warranties and Bonds in Construction Contracts
- The JCT Constructing Excellence Contract
- Project Security in Construction Contracts
- Delay and Disruption in Construction Contracts
- Design, Negligence and the Duty to Warn in Construction Contracts
- Insurance and the JCT Contract
- Insurance – What you need to know.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance post Grenfell
- Covid 19 and the Insurers’ response
- The Brexit Effect
- The JCT Constructing Excellence Contract Part 2 – A New Dawn?
- The JCT Constructing Excellence Contract 2016 Part 1
- Air Rage & The Law
- Who Wins In The Social Media War?
- Kuwait Airways -v- Kuwait Insurance Company Sak CA  EWCA Civ 1745
- Solo Industries UK Ltd -v- Canara Bank  1 WLR 1800 CAS
- The Society of Lloyds -v- Longtin  All ER (D) 142 (Nov)
- Standard Bank London Ltd -v- Canara Bank  All ER (D) 340 (May)
- Almatrans SA -v- Steamship Mutual Underwriting Association (Bermuda) Ltd  EWHC 2223 (Com)
- 7e Communications Ltd -v- Vertex Antennentechnik GmbH  EWCA Civ 140
- Ted Baker -v- Axa Insurance  EWCA Civ 4097
- Nautech -v- CSS Limited  JRC089
- Dexia – v- Commune di Forli
Commercial dispute resolution, aviation, marine, insurance, compliance and risk management
- Fletcher Day
- Ashfords LLP
- Browne Jacobson
- TLT LLP
- Elborne Mitchell