Judith is an employment law specialist and acts for both employers and employees. Judith can offer individuals and businesses advice and representation on all aspects of employment law, including:
- disciplinary and grievance matters
- safer recruitment
- whistle blowing
- working time
- wages claims
- TUPE, including information and consultation
- restructuring and redundancy
- contracts and policies
- restrictive covenants and breach of contract
- discrimination claims and unfair dismissal claims
- trade union recognition and the rights of trade union members.
Judith can also assist clients by:
- drafting letters for each stage of the disciplinary and grievance process
- preparing questions for investigation interviews
- preparing bespoke contracts and policies
- undertaking the due diligence exercise in TUPE transactions
- drafting without prejudice conversation scripts
- negotiating, advising on and drafting settlement agreements.
Judith is able to provide representation at disciplinary hearings and advocacy in employment tribunal cases.
Judith has spent much of her career as an in-house solicitor, providing practical and commercial advice and representation to organisations in the care, charity and housing sectors. She also has a wealth of experience in advising and representing individuals (including senior executives), businesses and trade unions, through her work in private practice.
Judith’s focus is on client care and she has a track record of achieving the best results for her clients, whether in employment litigation, pre-litigation negotiations or settlement agreements.
Judith has extensive experience of drafting legal pleadings for all tribunal claims and working to tight timescales. When acting for businesses Judith ensures the company’s response provides a sound basis on which to defend all employment-related claims.
Judith can advise on the financial aspects of employment tribunal claims, including considering the cost implications. Judith will provide recommendations on settlements where appropriate and liaise with ACAS/the other side on concluding settlements within agreed parameters and will draft settlement agreements to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, that the agreements are drawn up in a manner to protect our clients.
Judith can provide briefings and training workshops to managers on employment law developments and provide feedback and coaching to HR and line managers on employee relations issues.
Judith is an expert in assisting with employment law in the healthcare and care sector.