Partner – Commercial Real Estate
I have particular expertise in acting for residential developers, from setting up and acquiring development sites, to dealing with finance and disposals. I often find that I am presented with a novel objective, for which I need to work a legal framework around to facilitate delivery of a project. Usually this requires close collaboration between lawyers and other professional advisers.
Alongside development work, I have a broad range of experience across a variety of general commercial property work encompassing landlord & tenant and business transfer work. I mainly act for property developers, landowners and small and medium sized enterprises.
- Purchase of a large development site in East Devon and onward sale of land plots with build agreements to end-purchasers.
- Purchase and finance of land in Salisbury for redevelopment as five dwellings.
- Joint Venture in South Devon acting for a landowner for development and sale of forty dwellings.
- Sale of assets with charge-back arrangements for a pub chain.
- Purchase and finance of a large commercial storage and distribution centre in Somerset.
- Acting for a developer to acquire essential easements for a ten-dwelling brown-field site development.
- Acting for a landowner in granting an option to a plc housebuilder for 7 acres of land near Exeter to satisfy planning obligations.
- Granting an option for drainage easements to a commercial developer near Exeter airport.
- Sale of an online retail business comprising both property and intellectual property assets.
- Sales and purchases of pharmacies in the Exeter area and London.
DEAL ALERT: Spencer West team advise on Macildowie’s acquisition of Signet Resources
A multi-disciplinary team from Spencer West has advised recruitment and retention consultancy Macildowie on its acquisition of...News | Posted: 10 Nov 2022
"After finding ourselves in a difficult situation, with little experience, we needed the security of an experienced and professional solicitor to help ease the anxiety and pressure that we were feeling. A friend recommended Spencer West, whom we contacted and found ourselves aided by three professionals - Sonya Bassett, Jack Khurana and Matt Scott-Tucker.
They immediately put us at ease and were regularly in contact via telephone, email and zoom. Not only were they very knowledgeable and experienced in each of their respected fields, they were also lovely to talk to and represented that special human touch that really helps when you are experiencing difficult times. I would not hesitate to recommend or contact Spencer West again should the need arise."
Residential development, commercial landlord and tenant matters, business transfers.
- WBW (incorporating Ford Simey)
- Wragge & Co