Partner - Real Estate and Sports Law
Mustafa qualified as a Solicitor of England and Wales in 2013 and has been qualified and registered as a Football Agent with FIFA and the English Football Association from 2008.
Mustafa’s legal specialisms are real estate, including both commercial real estate and residential property, and sports law. Mustafa has built up a strong network of high net-worth clients, nationally and internationally, in sports and business. The matters he handles vary in complexity and volume and frequently include multi-million-pound transactions.
Representative examples of work carried out include:
- Acting for a client in the acquisition of a new supermarket and residential apartment development valued at £30 million
- Completing purchase of a hotel for a not-for-profit for £7 million in compliance with Charities Law
- Representing a Landlord in the construction of a hotel in London with Shariah-compliant Islamic Funding
- Acting for a client in the £2.6 million refinance of a residential property with Coutts Bank Plc funding and dealt with a complex legal title and planning history
- Acting on the finance of property for Barclays Bank Plc for £1.2m – checking legal title and searches, reporting to the client and successfully completing drawdown of funds
- Advising Professional Footballers on a regular basis on multi-million-pound employment contracts
- Advising Professional Footballers on Image Right matters
- Representing international sports professionals in successfully securing commercial contracts.
At age 23, Mustafa became one of the youngest and first British Pakistani FIFA Football Agents to be licensed by the English Football Association (now termed ‘Intermediary’). Since then and over the last 14 years, he has developed a substantial international sports business, which includes representing Professional Football Players in the Premier League.
Mustafa has made numerous media appearances including on Sky Sports News, Al-Jazeera and the Daily Mirror. He is a frequent guest speaker at Sports Associations and Clubs, including Crystal Palace Football Club, Huddersfield Town Football Club and Warwickshire Cricket Club.
Mustafa is well-travelled globally and believes in being ‘current’, commercially aware and takes a keen interest in various global topics.
"Mustafa is very creative, a fast-thinker and has great attention to detail."
"Commercially astute, efficient and proactive."
Commercial and Residential Property; Sports Law
- Woodroffes Solicitors
- Silverdale Solicitors