Partner - Commercial Real Estate and Business Transfer
Richard is a highly experienced commercial real estate lawyer with over 40 years of practical knowledge including a substantial amount of corporate and commercial experience.
He has specialist expertise in the hotels, restaurants and leisure sector; car dealerships; property development; and agricultural land.
Richard is based in Bristol and Wellington, but covers the M5 corridor from Exeter to Bristol including Somerset and Devon.
Areas of law practised include:
- Business transfers linked to property in particular hotel, leisure industry and motor retail sectors
- Investment property sales and purchases
- Land acquisition including development site assembly, options and background statutory agreements
- Commercial property sales and purchases
- Leasehold work including the taking, granting and assignment of leases and landlord-related managerial work such as landlord’s licences
- Agricultural land sale and purchase
- Collateral warranties, forms of appointment etc
- Company acquisition and disposal
- Corporate related work including shareholder agreements and corporate support work
- Commercial contracts
Richard combines deep technical expertise with many years of business experience and commercial sense, finding solutions for clients.
Richard believes that identifying the issues is only half of the job: the important other half is about finding the solutions, which takes clarity of thought, creativity and the ability to negotiate.
Hotels, restaurants and leisure premises, car dealerships, development, agricultural land, corporate support on mergers and acquisitions and finance.
- Various London