Theo is a founding partner of Spencer West in Cyprus and a highly experienced corporate lawyer with a demonstrated history in Financial Services Regulatory. With a wealth of expertise, Theo specializes in advising on the structuring, licensing, and ongoing regulatory compliance of various financial entities in Cyprus including Electronic Money Institutions (EMI), Payment Institutions (PI), Crypto-Assets Service Providers (CASPs), Cyprus Investment Firms – Forex(CIFs), Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) and Alternative Investment Funds Managers (AIFM).
He is a member of the Nicosia and Cyprus Bar Association. Theo obtained a law degree (LLB with Hons) from the University of Essex in the United Kingdom and subsequently completed the Legal Practice Course (LPC) at the University of Law.
Having previously worked in one of the leading law firms in Cyprus, Theo specialized in corporate and financial services regulatory issues. His remarkable communication skills and his ability to solve complicated legal matters were conspicuous. Thus, he was selected to represent this law firm in London and appointed as a director. He participated in many forums and conferences having the opportunity to speak about Financial Services Regulatory matters.
Theo is well-positioned to assist clients in Cyprus and across the European Union. With a deep understanding of national laws and EU regulations, as well as a broad network of contacts in the investment community, he provides clients with comprehensive legal advice that is tailored to their specific needs.
• Offering expert guidance on the structuring, licensing, and ongoing regulatory compliance of various investment vehicles, spanning from Private Equity Funds, Cyprus Investment Firms (CIFs), and Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs).
• Providing advice and licensing support for Alternative Investment Funds Managers (AIFMs) in Cyprus.
• Handle the licensing and provision of legal and regulatory advice of Payment Institutions (PI), Electronic Money Institutions (EMI) and Crypto-Asset Service Providers (CASPs) operating in Cyprus.
• Crafting tailored solutions for private equity structures, including a recent engagement with a regional fashion retailer.
• Advising various Venture Capital firms and Family offices on a range of investment-related matters, such as takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, as well as compliance and regulatory issues.
• Advising clients across a range of industries, including FinTech, real estate, pharmaceutical, fashion, and hospitality, and has developed a deep understanding of the unique legal and business challenges facing each sector.