Partner - Dispute Resolution and Insolvency
Tim is a dispute resolution solicitor who has over 25 years' experience litigating and resolving cases for clients of all sizes. He has acted for multinational PLCs, small high street businesses and individuals and everything in between. Tim never forgets that the consequences of a dispute are very significant for the participants. Litigation is expensive, but not just in money. It’s expensive in many ways: in time, in diversion from real life, in stress. Sometimes its unavoidable and rights need to be enforced quickly to the full extent of the law. Each case is different and he treats them as such.
Tim's specialisms are in the field of finance and company law and he has dealt with more contractual disputes and debt matters than he can recall. Tim regularly acts for insolvency practitioners, directors and shareholders in claims brought under the insolvency legislation or the companies legislation.
The types of case Tim is happy to deal with are:-
Breach of contract.
Company shareholder disputes.
Civil Fraud and asset recovery.
Examples of the work Tim has recently undertaken
• £8mil “Quincecare” claim against former bankers of a company whose directors had removed all the company’s cash from the account;
• £22mil claim in wrongful trading and misfeasance against directors of a company which was a Ponzi scheme and defrauded creditors out of millions;
• Acting for a director accused of breach of duty and removal of funds without due authority of the board;
• Representing a businessman in a contractual claim as to what parties agreed in relation to the division of commission on a portfolio property sale;
• Advising the Claimant who was part of a small property business in relation to his beneficial interest in a property after sale.
• Winding down a solicitors practice to liquidation without intervention
• Instructed by the restorers in the ongoing dispute over the ownership of the restored Bluebird K7
and loads more!
"I enjoy what I do and want to give clients the best practical advice." Tim has been recommended in Legal 500 in 2020 and 2021.
- “Tim Berg is great on strategy, and brings good sense to a case”
- “Impressive industry knowledge”
- “Tim’s many years of experience equip him well to bring sound judgments and strategic focus to the case”
- “Works quickly and efficiently to deal with problems and come up with solutions”
- “someone with whom I really enjoy working. He is very strong in investigations and in supporting insolvency practitioners and third-party litigation funders with pursuing difficult claims”
Commercial Dispute Resolution, Contractual Disputes, Company Disputes, Director Disputes, Insolvency disputes and advisory for Insolvency Practitioners and Directors, Asset recovery, Civil Fraud.
Qualifications and Professional bodies
- Short Richardson & Forth
- LCF Law
- Spencer Ewin Mulvihill