Partner - Employment and Immigration
Jasmin is a talented lawyer who provides results-driven advice and proactive solutions, with an acute awareness of her clients’ pressure points. Jasmin is known for providing an outstanding level of service to clients, who praise her for her quick thinking, tenacity and quality of advice. Jasmin has the ability to draft technical written legal work of impressive quality under significant time pressure.
Jasmin has in depth experience in employment tribunal litigation and dispute resolution. She has advised and litigated on complex issues, including restrictive covenants, multiple discrimination claims, whistleblowing and TUPE.
As part of Jasmin’s immigration practice, she advises on cross-border employee transfers and talent management. Jasmin works with many UK and overseas companies to facilitate inward investment.
Jasmin has practiced law in high-ranking heavyweight regional and national UK law firms.
Key experience - employment
- Acted for NHS Trusts across the country, global heavyweights and household names.
- Acted in precedent-setting Employment Appeal Tribunal cases, which have been widely reported on.
- Advised on matters ranging from TUPE, collective redundancy and corporate deals to individual dismissals and grievances.
- Commenced and defended several high-pressure injunctive relief applications for breach of restrictive covenants and confidentiality.
- Advised a corporate client in relation to strike action by employees based at a major UK airport.
- Advised a corporate client and its shareholders in relation to a dispute between the directors and shareholders. Ran an employment tribunal claim for an employee shareholder, against the backdrop of a shareholder deadlock.
- Defended a class employment tribunal action by gig-economy drivers on worker status, holiday pay and advised on the union recognition agreement.
Key experience - immigration
- Advised on and applied for sponsor licences, skilled worker visas and other business visa routes.
- Advised on complex British citizenship, settlement, ancestry and family routes (including spouse and fiancé visa applications).
- Drafted immigration applications, which rely on the exercise of discretion by the Home Office and/or where complications are present (e.g. where overstaying or human rights issues are engaged).
- Advised a company in the energy sector, based in Switzerland, on covid-19 complications on frontier permits, and the 2017 Concession to the Immigration Rules for offshore wind workers.
- Advised a company and remedied a matter involving the lapse of its sponsor licence, with added complications (including a TUPE transfer, the attempted transfer of the sponsorship of a worker and preparatory steps taken by the worker to apply for indefinite leave to remain).
- Advised a leading renewable overseas energy company on visa routes and the most suitable sequence of immigration applications, to establish the client’s UK trading presence.
- Wrote published magazine articles and presented to businesses from India and Hong Kong on immigration routes and inward investment.
Employment (employer and employee) - Employment tribunal litigation, broad-spectrum advisory work, negotiating settlements, re-structuring and corporate support.
Immigration (business and personal)– Business immigration including sponsor licence applications, skilled worker visas, UK expansion worker visas and unsponsored routes. Personal immigration including applications for family visas, ILR, ancestry and British Citizenship.
- IBB Law
- Blaser Mills
- Mills & Reeve