I have particular expertise in acting for residential developers, from setting up and acquiring development sites, to dealing with finance and disposals. I often find that I am presented with a novel objective, for which I need to work a legal framework around to facilitate delivery of a project. Usually this requires close collaboration between lawyers and other professional advisers.
Alongside development work, I have a broad range of experience across a variety of general commercial property work encompassing landlord & tenant and business transfer work. I mainly act for property developers, landowners and small and medium sized enterprises.
- Purchase of a large development site in East Devon and onward sale of land plots with build agreements to end-purchasers.
- Purchase and finance of land in Salisbury for redevelopment as five dwellings.
- Joint Venture in South Devon acting for a landowner for development and sale of forty dwellings.
- Sale of assets with charge-back arrangements for a pub chain.
- Purchase and finance of a large commercial storage and distribution centre in Somerset.
- Acting for a developer to acquire essential easements for a ten-dwelling brown-field site development.
- Acting for a landowner in granting an option to a plc housebuilder for 7 acres of land near Exeter to satisfy planning obligations.
- Granting an option for drainage easements to a commercial developer near Exeter airport.
- Sale of an online retail business comprising both property and intellectual property assets.
- Sales and purchases of pharmacies in the Exeter area and London.