Technology, Media, Telecoms
The TMT sector continues to evolve rapidly in the face of ongoing digitalisation, continued convergence and disruption from new technologies. The need for dynamic and incisive business advice is paramount.
We support our clients as they innovate and diversify traditional business models, transform commercial and operational strategies and navigate legal and regulatory challenges. We offer strategic, flexible and responsive solutions in helping our clients pursue opportunities and mitigate risks worldwide, in particular in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.
Many of the digital TMT projects that we get involved in require us to have a deep appreciation of the technology involved such as cloud computing, FinTech, the internet of things, robotics – we have lawyers who are interested and knowledgeable in the detail. Members of our team have scientific backgrounds with qualifications and accreditations in information security and software developments.
Our highly experienced team has broad sector expertise in advising a wide range of market participants, allowing us to integrate with our clients’ business, technical and legal teams to provide relevant and focused advice. We work seamlessly with colleagues from other practice areas, including litigation, competition, employment, and real estate, so that whatever the issue, our lawyers are able to assist you throughout.
- We support tech start-ups, scale-ups and techpreneurs investing in the technology underpinning and integrated in their businesses. We are happy to talk to you about how we can do that based on your particular business and requirements.
Chat to the Start-Up team
Read our Tech Tips on how we can advise you in growing your tech businesses
Tech Case Studies
Read how we have supported start-ups and scale-ups on their growth journeys
User-friendly pointers in short video clips on hot topics relevant to your tech businesses
- Start-ups and scale-ups will need minimum legal documentation to govern and safeguard the development of their business, depending on the stage of their growth and funding cycle. Investors will expect it, and early onboarding helps us to invest in your business as it grows.
- Traditional Network Services agreements, such as procurement, wholesale capacity, IRUs
- Cloud and digital services agreements, including Saas, PaaS, IaaS
- Network-sharing and infrastructure projects
- Outsourcings and IT contracts, including IT systems procurement, systems integration, software licencing, block chain and smart agreements
- Data protection, big data exploitation and cybersecurity
- International “best practice” regulatory strategy and policy, and new technology/convergence legal frameworks
- Mobile networks, spectrum auctions, and MVNOs
- Strategic partnerships and joint ventures
- Dispute resolution and settlement strategies
- IP/IT/Media licensing, including format licensing, influencers and other forms of content exploitation
- Sales and acquisitions in the telecommunications, media and technology industries
- Digitalisation and digital transformation, including in relation to investment in adjacent industries and sectors
- Design, creative and corporate branding and advertising, sponsorship and brand placement, reputation and brand management
- Investment in Fintech, blockchain and smart contracts, cryptocurrency, token and securities, ICOs and other digital financial products
- Space regulation and policy, and commercial exploitation of outer space activities, including IP/IT arrangements
- digital TMT companies, including network operators, service providers, content companies, app and platform developers
- media companies, broadcasters, film and television production companies, talent and advertising agencies, influencers Managed Service Providers
- e-commerce providers
- digital advertising and media companies
- technology companies and software developers
- hardware and peripherals manufacturers
- researchers/data analysts and data processors
- games companies
- entrepreneurs and start-ups
Making Britain a global hub for cryptoasset technology and investment
Dhana Doobay discusses how Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is impacting telecoms with Mobile Europe