Technology, Media, Telecoms
The TMT sector continues to evolve rapidly in the face of ongoing digitalisation, continued convergence and disruption from new technologies. The need for dynamic and incisive business advice is paramount.
We support our clients as they innovate and diversify traditional business models, transform commercial and operational strategies and navigate legal and regulatory challenges. We offer strategic, flexible and responsive solutions in helping our clients pursue opportunities and mitigate risks worldwide, in particular in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.
Many of the IT and digital TMT projects that we get involved in require us to have a deep appreciation of the technology involved such as cloud computing, AdTech, the internet of things, robotics – we have lawyers who are interested and knowledgeable in the detail. Members of our team have scientific backgrounds with qualifications and accreditations in information security and software developments.
Our highly experienced team has broad sector expertise in advising a wide range of market participants, allowing us to integrate with our clients’ business, technical and legal teams to provide relevant and focused advice. We work seamlessly with colleagues from other practice areas, including litigation, competition, employment, and real estate, so that whatever the issue, our lawyers are able to assist you throughout.
- Traditional Network Services agreements, such as procurement, wholesale capacity, IRUs
- Cloud and digital services agreements, including Saas, PaaS, IaaS
- Network-sharing and infrastructure projects
- Outsourcings and IT contracts, including IT systems procurement, software licencing, block chain and smart agreements
- Data protection and cybersecurity
- International “best practice” regulatory strategy and policy, and new technology/convergence legal frameworks
- Mobile networks, spectrum auctions, and MVNOs
- Strategic partnerships and joint ventures
- Dispute resolution and settlement strategies
- IP/IT/Media licencing, including format licensing, influencers and other forms of content exploitation
- Sales and acquisitions in the telecommunications, media and technology industries
- Digitalisation and digital transformation, including in relation to investment in adjacent industries and sectors
- Design, creative and corporate branding and advertising, sponsorship and brand placement, reputation and brand management
- digital TMT companies, including network operators, service providers, content companies, app and platform developers
- media companies, broadcasters, film and television production companies, talent and advertising agencies, influencers Managed Service Providers
- e-commerce providers
- digital advertising and media companies
- technology companies and software developers
- hardware and peripherals manufacturers
- researchers/data analysts and data processors
- games companies
- entrepreneurs and start-ups