Partner - Corporate & Commercial
Natalie is a business lawyer. Her practice includes corporate M&A (buying or selling a business, investments into companies and shareholder matters) and commercial contracts (outsourcing, franchising and terms & conditions of trade).
Natalie helps individuals and businesses by:
- Protecting their business and ideas (company incorporations, shareholders’ agreements and investment agreements);
- Protecting founders’ interests on an investment round, sale, strategic acquisition or refinancing (preparing a business for sale, seed and VC investment agreements and M&A agreements).
- Securing the assets that underpin their business (IP/ brand protection, collaboration agreements, supply chain & other commercial contracts and non-disclosure agreements); and
- Safeguarding sales of their products (advise on selling to consumers, website terms & conditions and general safeguarding).
A key element of Natalie’s practise in these areas is that she draws on her experiences outside of the legal sector. She sits as a Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee of Herts for Learning Ltd, the UK’s largest schools’ company (and a not-for profit), a Director of a commercial real estate business; she is Chair of Governors of an “Outstanding” school and a Special Advisor to a healthcare “buy-and-build” company.
Natalie seeks to enjoy a sustainable work / life environment. For the last seven years she has been a working mum combining work, family and non-executive director duties. Natalie therefore understands multi-tasking to time pressured deadlines, the importance of clear communication and quick response times. She brings with her over 15 years’ experience in being able to compute, digest and communicate diverse information into the boardroom.
DEAL ALERT: Spencer West team advise on Macildowie’s acquisition of Signet Resources
A multi-disciplinary team from Spencer West has advised recruitment and retention consultancy Macildowie on its acquisition of...News | Posted: 10 Nov 2022
Set up in the UK with a Skilled Worker visa
Please note that the information provided below should not be taken as legal advice. Please contact Samar Shams, Partner –...Article | Posted: 31 Mar 2022
“An immensely practical lawyer who kept complexity to a minimum”
“...key to us being able to complete the deal in the short timeframe available”
“Natalie is my go-to for legal advice. She deals with all manner of corporate law and I can personally vouch for her competency with legal contracts.”
“Highly skilled at translating legal jargon into pain-free ‘civilian speak’, Natalie is refreshingly warm, down to earth and dare I say it: a pleasure to talk to.”
- Mergers & Acquisitions (buying or selling a business, shareholder matters and public markets);
- Commercial Contracts (franchising, outsourcing and terms & conditions);
- Real Estate in a Corporate Wrapper (SPVs and joint ventures); and
- Venture Capital (investment into companies).
- Partner, Spencer West LLP: August 2020 to present
- Senior Associate Solicitor, Bates Wells: April 2011- August 2020
- Associate Solicitor, McFaddens LLP: September 2007- April 2011