Today’s rapidly changing tax landscape both globally and UK-wide can mean an increased tax risk to taxpayers. Consequently, it is increasingly critical for any tax payer with a complex financial situation to stay up-to-date on the latest tax requirements and actively examine and manage risks associated with tax. Strategic tax planning has also become an instrumental tool in healthy financial management of any business.
Spencer West LLP’s tax experts are well versed and fully up-to-date in laws governing individual and business taxes and have extensive experience working with a full range of taxpayers, whether individuals and business owners, partnerships, corporations or trusts etc. Our technical excellence and depth of experience make us instrumental in guiding our clients to comply with complex tax rules on major decisions frequently involving complicated financial situations. We are often engaged to provide strategic tax planning advice to help taxpayers minimise taxes while adhering to taxation law. We regularly achieve sizable tax savings for our clients by carefully considering the availability of the tax reliefs, credits and deductions while offering big-picture financial advice our clients often overlook.
Our clients are primarily comprised of various stages of start-ups, owner managed businesses, overseas companies setting up in the UK, corporations, partnerships, funds, individual business professionals and High Net Worth Individuals. We work in a wide range of sectors including technology, e-commerce, construction, property development and investment, infrastructure, energy and renewable energy, media and hospitality etc.
Depending on the taxpayer’s situation, the advice we provide differ but some of the examples include:
- Tax advice for business owners and high net worth individuals
- Tax efficient remuneration and share schemes planning (including tax and social security consequences) for the globally mobile executives
- Tax consequences for the employer engaging non-resident or non-domiciled resident employees and workers working from overseas or in the UK
- Tax efficient UK or cross border M&As and private equity transactions
- Group reconstructions, demergers and share buy backs
- Planning for real estate transactions (SDLT, CGT, VAT, IHT)
- Corporate finance and EIS/SEIS
- Cross border and e-commerce VAT