Partner – Telecoms, Media & Technology
Dhana has more than 25 years’ experience in advising a broad range of TMT clients on commercial, corporate, regulatory, dispute resolution, intellectual property and finance matters and transactions worldwide. Clients have included operators, service providers, platform providers, content and app providers, regulators and Governments, financial institutions and private equity houses in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America and Africa.
Dhana’s career has spanned decades of sector evolution from the early privatisation of state owned operators, to market liberalisation and competition, the rise of convergence, the emergence of globalisation and the onset of digital disruption, adjacent market diversification and business transformation. Navigating the legal challenges of a constantly innovating market for extensive numbers of clients over the years, provides Dhana with an experienced basis from which to advise TMT clients on a range of strategic transactions, business critical and transformational issues against an ever-changing legal and regulatory landscape.
Having also worked extensively with in-house teams, often as a “trusted adviser”, Dhana is able to integrate effectively and efficiently with clients’ internal and external advisers, as well as engaging with senior management, company boards and other stakeholders where needed.
Dhana’s experience includes advising on:
- Commercial services agreements
- Regulatory licensing, strategy and policy
- Outsourcing agreements
- Network/infrastructure agreements (fixed, mobile, satellite, subsea)
- M&A, joint ventures and other market consolidation and diversification strategies
- Dispute resolution and settlement strategies
- Privatisations, international “best practice” regulatory and liberalisation projects.
- Dhana writes for LexisNexis PSL and Westlaw UK (Thomson Reuters) on Telecoms commercial and regulatory issues.
The European Digital Markets Act 2022 enters into force
The Digital Markets Act ("DMA") entered into force on 1 November 2022 and will start applying on 2 May 2023. The DMA...News | Posted: 14 Dec 2022
Digital News Bytes February 2022
In Brief: “Levelling up” - UK push for 5G/4G cell site access versus scaled-back gigabit broadband target? Spanish Government to target...Article | Posted: 25 Feb 2022
Digital News Bytes January 2022
In Brief: Welcome to our first edition of the New Year! Protecting the UK’s full fibre rollout – policymakers safeguard critical nationa...Article | Posted: 21 Jan 2022
"Dhana Doobay understands the technical and business aspects of telecoms and can combine the two."
"She handles tough negotiations brilliantly and is proactive in keeping us informed and following up the work daily."
Telecoms, Media & Technology, cloud and digital services, Network-sharing and infrastructure projects, International “best practice” regulatory strategy, mobile ecosystems, strategic partnerships
- TMT Senior Counsel, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP
- Partner and Head of Communications and Media, Ashurst LLP
- Director of International Telecommunications Projects, Clifford Chance LLP