Immigration & Global Mobility
Immigration compliance is crucial to the fitness of every business in the UK. We understand how daunting the immigration system can be for HR staff, legal counsel and anyone with operational responsibilities for immigration.
Our Immigration team of lawyers provide incisive immigration advice based on an understanding of your needs and thorough knowledge of immigration requirements. From securing the right visas, to ensuring your employees have the right to work, our immigration service is on hand to guide your organisation safely through the complex requirements.
We also assist individuals with their visa requirements. Whether your migrant journey relates to your career or your family life, you need specialist support to help you live and work where you choose, by obtaining the authorisations that you need, providing clarity, efficiency of process and peace of mind.
Whether you need help obtaining a visa for yourself or a loved one, or you have another immigration issue you would like to discuss with an expert, our specialist Immigration team is available, drawing on their comprehensive expertise to deliver bespoke advice and support. We are able to explain your options and the relevant requirements clearly, empowering you to achieve your goals.
- sponsoring skilled workers
- sponsorship and right to work compliance
- global talent, innovator and start-up visas
- representative of overseas business visas
- investor visas
- EU nationals’ rights
- spouse, partner, parent and child visas
- settlement and citizenship
- global mobility
- changes in immigration policy
- HR personnel, owner-managed businesses, entrepreneurs and investors in a wide range of sectors including technology, construction and engineering, financial services, media, hospitality and leisure, amongst others
- individuals and families in relation to personal immigration matters and visa and nationality applications
- mock audit for a data analytics firm including interviewing key personnel on sponsor compliance, review of personnel files and preparation of a report including recommendations for improving compliance
- representative of overseas business visa for an engineering firm
- sponsor licence application and sponsored worker visa for a construction company
- training and advice to EU national employees at an international consulting firm on their rights and documentation options
- supporting the immigration journey of a US entrepreneur and his family through to citizenship
- advice to a US entrepreneur on her eligibility for settlement under the Global Talent visa route
Spencer West LLP’s expert trainers offer sessions on the full range of immigration topics, including sponsoring skilled workers, the right to work and changes to immigration policies. For more information, please see here.
International Employment Lawyer features Samar Shams on UK-EU travel post-Brexit
Remote control: Checking right to work documents for employees working from home
We are a member of the Department for International Trade’s UK Investment Support Directory.