Individuals, families, executors, trustees and beneficiaries rely on our expertise as probate specialists. We have significant experience in dealing with a wide range of probate matters, and often deal with large, highly complex estates on behalf of our clients.
We provide a cost effective, responsive and knowledgeable service, and will guide you through the entire process. Our reassuring approach, at what can be a time of emotional distress, is valued by our clients. It is our priority to ensure that the matter runs as smoothly as possible.
We tailor our approach individually to the size of the estate and the nature and extent of assets. Our specialist team of probate lawyers and financial experts work closely with other professionals and accountants to ensure that your matter benefits from all the expertise we have at our disposal.
We administer estates ranging from small, non-taxable estates to larger, complex ultra high net worth estates containing significant assets and investments based across multiple jurisdictions.
Our international experience allows us to handle highly complex multi-jurisdictional estates in a sophisticated and efficient manner. When assets and beneficiaries are located in various locations across the world, we can assist across the entire spectrum of tax issues, disputes advice and the practical distribution of assets.
We advise on:
- tax reliefs and exemptions
- agricultural assets with tax reliefs
- foreign assets or related trusts
- implications of lifetime gifts
- estate disputes
- obtaining Grants of Representation
- dealing with HM Revenue & Customs about inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax
- distribution of the estate
- ways to mitigate tax liabilities
- tax planning opportunities for you and your family.
- coordination of different tax regimes to avoid ‘double tax’ on your inheritance
- acting as executors and trustees
- preparation of wills for beneficiaries who have recently inherited;
- taxation and other succession planning vehicles;
- inheritance tax and capital gains tax implications;
- domicile and tax residence;
- tax efficient structures for investing in UK, in particular real estate; and
We work with:
- high net worth individuals and their families;
- trustees and beneficiaries of UK and foreign trusts;
- family offices; and
- private banks.