Partner - Private Client
Hilesh advises on a range of private wealth matters to help clients protect their legacy. He regularly works with UK and international families, entrepreneurs, beneficiaries and trustees. Hilesh provides advice on complex succession planning, trust law and personal taxation matters.
Hilesh prides himself on providing practical, commercially astute advice with a personal service on sensitive and complex matters.
Hilesh’s work includes:
- preparation of wills for UK clients and those with international connections;
- succession planning with a focus on inheritance and capital gains tax implications;
- advising on the establishment, administration and taxation of UK and foreign family trusts and other asset protection vehicles;
- advising on domicile and tax residence and undertaking planning for those coming to or leaving the UK;
- providing advice on and implementing structures for UK assets, in particular real estate; and
- advising on commercial trusts.
Hilesh joined us in July 2020, prior to which he worked in various City law firms including Lawrence Graham, Maurice Turnor Gardner and Trowers & Hamlins.
Hilesh is a thought leader in the private wealth field, regularly speaking and writing about topical issues.
- Tax & estate planning | Protecting your treasures for the future (The Pedestal)
- Inheritance Tax (The Pedestal)
- Capital Gains Tax (The Pedestal)
- Getting to grips with the nitty-gritty of inheritance tax
Autumn Budget 2021 - Private Client focus
The UK’s Chancellor of the Exchequer delivered his Autumn Budget on 27 October 2021. There was the usual political fanfare...Article | Posted: 1 Nov 2021
Hilesh Chavda explains the inheritance tax Royal legal loophole in the Daily Express
Our Private Wealth Partner Hilesh Chavda has been featured in the Daily Express, answering a question posed in a piece about...Press | Posted: 21 Oct 2021
Corporate trustee vs Individual trustee - 10 Things to Consider
Part 1 Corporate trustee vs Individual trustee It is a common belief that a relative, close friend, or lawyer, is the...Article | Posted: 1 Oct 2021
“He provided clear, pragmatic advice to give me peace of mind that my family’s future is secure.”
“The expert advice together with a personal service was invaluable throughout the complex matter.”
"At a difficult period in our lives, Hilesh Chavda patiently, efficiently and effectively guided my sister and I through the complexities of sorting out our younger sister’s estate, including IHT and probate applications. It was important to both of us that we understood the processes involved; that we would receive timely responses; that there was transparency about the amount of work which needed to be completed, the likely timescales and the costs. We were completely satisfied on all counts that these important criteria were met and we will have no hesitation in commissioning Hilesh again whenever we have need of his knowledge, his thorough, empathetic approach and legal expertise."
private wealth, tax, trusts and other protection vehicles, wills and probate.
- Trowers & Hamlins
- Maurice Turnor Gardner
- Lawrence Graham