Our practitioners have almost 80 years’ cumulative experience of dispute resolution. We are proactive and realistic in our approach to assessing the merits and advising on strategy for resolving disputes at the earliest stage. Bringing contentious matters to a resolution within the parameters of an appropriate costs budget is critical to litigation work in the modern era.
We are experienced in all the major forms of dispute resolution, including the English courts (from County Court through to the House of Lords), international arbitration, adjudication and the tribunal system.
We are well placed to assist in international arbitration, whether as legal counsel or an arbitrator. One of our lawyers is qualified as a Chartered Arbitrator and has the CIArb Diploma in international commercial arbitration. Our arbitration work includes ad hoc, CIMAR, ICC and LCIA.
We have acted in scores of mediations and one of our partners is a CEDR accredited mediator.
We advise on
We are experienced in most types of commercial dispute. Particular specialisms include:
- employment-related disputes and restraint of trade/restrictive covenants
- construction claims
- professional negligence claims
- insurance claims
- general commercial contract claims
- international trade disputes
- shareholder and partnership/limited liability partnership disputes
We work with
- companies from a wide range of sectors, including technology, construction and engineering, financial services, international trade, media, leisure, insurance, biotech, fintech
- individuals and partnerships