Whether you are buying or selling a business, attracting third party investment or financing, entering into a joint venture, expanding across a jurisdiction or internationally, or restructuring your business, you need the assistance of wise counsel, who can help you navigate the commercial issues and structure your business appropriately.
Spencer West’s corporate lawyers have amassed a wealth of corporate experience in advising finance directors and boards of listed and unlisted companies and many of our lawyers have direct experience from having worked in-house in businesses or acted as directors on the boards of companies. Our lawyers are resolutely business people who advise with the ‘business owner’s eye’.
Spencer West provides a full range of corporate, commercial and business-related legal services to clients. We are involved in every aspect of the legal life of a business from inception and constitutional documentation, development, expansion with rounds of equity and debt finance through to strategic exit planning and disposal of assets. We advise businesses of all sizes from start-ups through to listed international corporations.
We act in a wide range of sectors and our work is supported by teamwork across the corporate practice area and by teams in specific sectors with specialist expertise, who have a deep understanding of the opportunities, risks and regulatory nature of the relevant industry. This includes expertise in:
- Information Technology and Fintech
- Construction and Engineering
- Hospitality and Leisure
- mergers and acquisitions - share and asset sales and purchases
- shareholders agreements and joint ventures
- company reorganisations
- corporate finance
- corporate governance, including Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues
- directors’ service agreements
- share plans (including employee share schemes)
- shareholder disputes
- equity capital markets, listings on stock exchanges and share placings
- company incorporation and start-up advice
- listed and unlisted companies
- private equity firms
- owners and managers
Press Release | Prestigious Appointment for Spencer West's Doyen of Employment Law
Article | Corporate
Press Release | Spencer West appoints ex-Clyde & Co Senior Partner to develop APAC offering
Article | Corporate